Is now a good time to put my Greater Exeter Area property on the market?
It’s a question we are often asked – particularly at this time of year, as the days get shorter, the temperature drops and people’s attention shifts towards the festive season. But the answer is that a property will sell at any time of year and whilst things may be a little quieter in the late autumn and winter months, demand remains steady and those who are actively looking will have less to choose from. Certainly, at the moment, the “micro market” of the Greater Exeter area seems to be bucking the trend in terms of sales activity and despite continued cost of living pressures and higher mortgage rates than we have been used to in recent years the pull of this fabulous part of the country will continue to draw-in buyers and tenants from across the UK – whatever the time of year.
So, whether the market is booming or not, properties will still sell, especially those that are presented well and realistically priced.
Even though the market is a little quieter now than it has been in recent years, there are definitely some benefits to selling when things aren’t so rushed.
Five advantages of selling in today’s Greater Exeter Area property market:
1. More House-Hunting Time: In the current market, you’ll enjoy the luxury of having more time to find your new home. Selling in a less frenzied market means you may not be overwhelmed with immediate offers, allowing you to search for a new place at a more relaxed pace, without the pressure of rising prices.
2. Quality over Quantity: While there might be fewer potential buyers walking through your door, those who do are typically more committed and serious about making an offer. This can streamline the selling process and lead to more focused interactions.
3. Favourable Trade-Up Opportunities: One common concern when selling in a quieter market is the possibility of accepting a lower offer than desired. However, if you’re moving up the property ladder to a more expensive home, remember that even if you need to reduce your sale price by 5%, you can likely negotiate a similar reduction on the property you’re purchasing, ultimately benefitting financially.
4. Smoother Speedier Transaction: Your solicitor, mortgage broker, and lender will likely have more availability in a less bustling market. This means they can dedicate more time to your case, resulting in a smoother and quicker sale and purchase process compared to a more competitive market.
5. Cost-Effective Removal Services:Removal companies are less busy in quieter markets, making it easier to find a service that can move you on your preferred date. You might even have the opportunity to secure top-notch services at a discounted rate due to decreased demand.
If you are thinking of selling, now may be a very good time to bring forward your plans and certainly a very good time to speak to Wilkinson Grant & Co – Call us now on 01392 427500 for a free, no-obligation, chat and advice on how best to achieve the best price.
WILKINSON GRANT & CO.
“when it matters most”