WE’RE BACK and the market has opened with a bang!
Last week the government unexpectedly announced the re-opening of the residential property market, allowing sales and letting agents back to work. However, they quite rightly insisted that only subject to very exacting and rigorous health and distancing measures to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Whilst we have been working hard throughout lockdown (over £35M of property sales, new property launches and hundreds of fresh enquiries) the earlier than expected lifting of restrictions not only caught the whole sector by surprise but “let the cork-out of the bottle” to an estimated 450,000 buyers and renters across England whose plans had been put on hold by lockdown. Judging by the number of calls and emails requesting valuations and viewings we are receiving at Wilkinson Grant, I’m guessing that estimate may prove to have been very conservative.
Whilst the announcement was welcomed by many buyers sellers and renters , it has been greeted by both enthusiasm and caution by professional agents, many of whom – including ourselves – have been working tirelessly to ensure that policies, systems and procedures are in place and everyone is properly trained to meet the new published government guidelines aimed to protect our staff, customers and clients before we open our offices to the public.
We are now able to safely accompany viewings, carry out in person market appraisals and help people find secure their next home. There are a few more hurdles to get over in the process but all are necessary for everyone’s safety. Indeed many are welcome to better qualify the suitability of both the property and they buyer or would-be tenant. The government’s declared aim is reduce the numbers of people going into another household before a sale or let is agreed – an aim we wholeheartedly support whilst still being committed to achieving the best results for our clients.
Over the last two months we have continued to actively market our client’s properties and as a result we now have a huge number of potential buyers and tenants who are ready willing and able to safely resume their search in the coming weeks.
Staying alert and staying safe must remain at the forefront of everyone’s minds for some time to come – but no more so than at present when restrictions are being gradually lifted. You may be aware of some agents that have not been quite so diligent in following the government guidelines – please rest assured we place the safety of our staff, customers and clients as the highest priority.
In accordance with government guidelines we have put in place a series of new policies, procedures and protocols which we would like to make you aware of.
- Our staff will be provided with appropriate PPE – i.e. hand sanitiser, face masks and gloves.
- Hand sanitiser will be used both before and after ALL viewings, masks/gloves will also be worn
- The above will also apply to all viewers, who will be asked to provide their own PPE but will be supplied by us if necessary.
- Prior to the appointment, all doors and larger window will be opened along with any appropriate internal doors and cupboards. Lights will be switched on.
- All people booking viewings will be asked to confirm that they have been clear of any known COVID-19 symptoms for a minimum of 14 days.
- All people booking viewings will be asked to confirm that they have not been in contact with or resided with anyone who has presented symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- All people viewing properties will be asked to use hand sanitiser before viewing and requested not to touch any doors or surfaces during the appointment.
- People will be asked not to linger any longer than necessary, with detailed conversations held outside of the property.
- We will also require all of our vendor clients to confirm they have been clear of any COVID-19 symptoms for at least 14 days and have not been in contact with anyone presenting symptoms within the last 14 days.
- We will require this confirmation prior to any viewing being booked.
- Whilst every department of our business will be working for our customers and clients, for the moment, we hope you will understand visits to our offices will be ‘By Appointment Only’.
You can download the full guides HERE.
Any questions or concerns about continuing your move please feel free to contact us, we are happy to help and offer advice.